Angel House Ubud: an Eco-friendly,
Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
Tired of the hustle and bustle of south Bali? Want to experience an authentic slice of Balinese life? By staying at Angel House Ubud, not only are you avoiding the same old hotel room, but instead you will know your eco-stay is helping preserve the environment and helping the local community. Angel House Ubud is the perfect place for R&R. Angel House Ubud provides guests with the perfect opportunity to escape to the artistic, cool and picturesque heart of Bali. You will experience an authentic slice of Balinese life; walking to the traditional market, strolling beside rice fields with grazing ducks and cows. Or visit the local Pura Taman Pule, one of Ubud’s most famous temples. Angel House is a quiet, peaceful oasis with beautiful pool, tropical Balinese style gardens but away from the busy rush of central Ubud. LGBTQ friendly space.
We are located 10 mins drive south of central Ubud, in the small tourist village of Mas with woodcarvers, art galleries & shops, close to Bali National Art Gallery, the famous temple,’ Pura Taman Pule’ & MANY wonderful restaurants & cheap warungs.
Room Rates Include:
- Organic, home made and locally sourced Gourmet Breakfast
- AC & Fan in each room
- Quality linens and towels
- Rooms supplied with power adaptors, mosquito lamps & repellant ++
- Daily staff and laundry service
- Recycling and composting service
- Bale + private veranda + guest lounge + guest library
- Unlimited Filtered Drinking Water
- In House Tea and Coffee Self Service any time
- FREE Wireless Internet *HI Speed and Unlimited*
- Daily Ceremonial Offering. Feel free to join in
- DVD & Book Library and guest lounge
- Lovely local Balinese staff PLUS Angel House driver available.
We can arrange Balinese cooking classes, wood carving and Balinese dance lessons as well as private Yoga, village tours, rice paddy walks or cycling tours.
A qualified massage and beauty therapist can be pre booked to attend, perfect to combat a long flight. Experience a 1hour – 2hour massage in the comfort of your room or on the bale with the sound of the waterfall to relax both body and mind.
All guest suites are Air-conditioned and fan cooled with opening windows and doors. The enclosed insect proof ensuite bathrooms have non-slip tiled floors, hot and cold water and a ‘role in’ shower. Rooms are supplied with a digital safety box, unlimited filtered drinking water, high-speed WiFi, plus private veranda with table and chairs.
- Sandat suite with king bed, draped mosquito net, AC & fan cooling, ensuite bathroom with private entrance, veranda, table and chairs complete with pool and garden views.There is also a flat screen TV and DVD library + extra bed suitable for a child sharing this suite.
- Jepun suite can be configured with 2 king single beds (120cm x 200cm) or as a 1 x extra king bed(220cm x 200cm) perfect for families or friends travelling together. Complete with AC, fan cooling, ensuite bathroom. There is a private veranda, table and chairs and has pool and garden views. This room also has a large flat screen TV/ DVD library.
- Lumbung suite, set apart from the main house above the bale, this wooden lined room has a queen bed, draped mosquito net, AC & fan cooling, ensuite bathroom and overlooks the pool. Admire the sunrise from the privacy of your bed or from your private veranda set with table and chairs.
- Angel House sleeps 6 persons in comfort with all 3 suites booked. NOTE: With a Whole Villa Rental, children can accommodated in Sandat suite on the double sofa bed (suitable for children under 10 sharing this room) or 1 extra child bed can be provided. There is no charge for babies sharing existing bedding. Extra charge per child per day includes breakfast and linens.
The bale comes complete with a guest kitchen, all day tea or coffee-making and lounge area. There is a fridge with a range of beer, soft drinks and snacks for sale. Filtered water is supplied FREE for drinking and we urge you to refill your water bottles to cut the amount of litter in Bali. We take part in Eco Bali recycling, collected weekly.
Located close to a convenience store, local hospital and only a 5 minute stroll from the main fresh produce market, Pasar Mas (Mas market). There is also a local supermarkets and a short stroll into the village of Mas.
Behind the house are rice paddy’s (Sawah) for an easy way to see spectacular scenery, sit and watch the rice farmers tending their fields, ducks & cows. Stroll among the rice fields to the river, and all within a 5 minute walk from Angel House.
Angel House makes a perfect base to explore the rest of Bali. Only 1/2 hr by car to the beach at Sanur, 1hr+ to the airport and close to both Green School & Pelangi School.
Out and About from Angel House
- 10 minutes drive to central Ubud, Bali’s artistic centre, paintings, fine arts, Museum, Temples, Balinese dancing performance and shopping.White water rafting, cycling, trekking and the famous Ubud Writers Festival.
Within walking distance to the local market, supermarket, ATM, hospital & temples.
Many dining options are available within walking distance from the house.
The village of Mas is the woodcarving centre of Bali with many woodcarving, wooden furniture, glass & antique shops close by .
Walk to the famous ‘Pura Taman Pule’ temple in Mas.
5 minutes drive to the Elephant cave and Pejeng Village ( Moon Temple)
10 minutes drive to Celuk Village, Gold and Silver jewelry and beads.
10 mins drive to Teganungan waterfalls.
15 minutes drive to Batubulan Village, Stone carving and Barong dance.
2 hours drive to Karangasem with its Royal Palace.
2 hours drive to the Tirtagangga Water Palace.
2 hours drive to the spellbinding terraced rice field of Iseh
1 hour drive to the towns of Klungkung, the Kerta Gosa Hall of Justice and the Balai Kambang or Floating Hall.
2 hours drive to the Mother Temple of Besakih, the holiest temple for the Balinese Hindu, on the slopes of Mount Agung.
1.5 hours drive to Kintamani and Mount Batur, a scenic view of the wide crater, Bali’s largest lake. Trunyan, the hot springs and Bali’s oldest villages, the Bali Aga.