Staying at Angel House Ubud provides guests with the perfect opportunity to escape to the artistic, cool and picturesque heart of Bali. You will experience an authentic slice of Balinese life; walking to the traditional market, strolling beside rice fields with grazing ducks and cows. Or visit the local Pura Taman Pule, one of Ubud’s most famous temples. Angel House is a quiet, peaceful oasis with beautiful pool, tropical Balinese style gardens but away from the busy rush of central Ubud. LGBTQ friendly space.
We are located 10 mins drive south of central Ubud, in the small tourist village of Mas with woodcarvers, art galleries & shops, close to Bali National Art Gallery, the famous temple,’ Pura Taman Pule’ & MANY wonderful restaurants & cheap warungs.
We can arrange Balinese cooking classes, wood carving and Balinese dance lessons as well as private Yoga, village tours, rice paddy walks or cycling tours.
A stay at Angel House can be anything you want it to be – an intimate couple’s escape, a week of sun, fun and shopping with friends, or a WHOLE VILLA BOOKING for a family or special event. Private, luxurious and safe villa set in a walled garden with pool, yoga space and bale/gazebo as well as a guest kitchen.
Angel House has only 3 guest suites; Sandat, Jepun or Lumbung. These can be booked individually or block booked (Whole Villa Rental) perfect for a group or family holiday.
All guest suites are Air-conditioned, have enclosed insect proof ensuite bathrooms with non-slip tiles and role in shower, fan cooling, a digital safety box, unlimited filtered drinking water, high-speed WiFi, and a private veranda with table and chairs.
Sandat suite with king bed, large flat screen TV and DVD library + 1-2 extra beds suitable for children under 10 sharing this suite. Sandat has tea & coffee-making facilities and unlimited filtered drinking water and hi-speed wifi.
Jepun suite can be configured with 2 king single beds (120cm x 200cm) or as a 1 x extra king bed(220cm x 200cm) perfect for families or friends travelling together. This room also has tea & coffee-making facilities and large flat screen TV/ DVD library. Jepun has tea & coffee-making facilities and unlimited filtered drinking water and hi-speed wifi.
Lumbung suite, set apart from the main house, has a large double bed, draped mosquito net, fan cooling, ensuite bathroom and overlooks the pool. Admire the sunrise from the privacy of your bed. Lumbung has unlimited filtered drinking water and hi-speed wifi.
Angel House sleeps 6 adults + 2 children in comfort with all 3 suites booked. Young children can accommodated in Sandat suite on the double sofa bed (suitable for children under 10 sharing this room) or 1 extra child bed can be provided. There is no charge for babies sharing existing bedding. Extra charge per child per day includes breakfast and linens.
The bale also has a guest kitchen for all day tea or coffee-making with fridge, beer, soft drinks and snacks.
Included free is: daily housekeeping, freshly cooked breakfast, unlimited Hi-Speed fibre optic WIFI (20G), unlimited filtered drinking water, tea and coffee making facilities, weekly recycling service, composting, plus daily ‘blessings/offerings’ to our house temples; you are welcome to take part.
A qualified massage and beauty therapist can be pre booked to attend, perfect to combat a long flight. Experience a 1hour – 2hour massage in the comfort of your room or on the bale with the sound of the waterfall to relax both body and mind.
We are a 5 minute stroll from the main fresh produce market of Pasar Mas (Mas market), local supermarkets and a short stroll into the tourist village of Mas.
Start your day with a fresh cooked breakfast in the dining room or breakfast in bed 🙂
Filtered water is supplied FREE for drinking and we urge you to refill your water bottles to cut the amount of litter in Bali. We take part in Eco Bali recycling, collected weekly.
Behind the house are rice paddy’s (Sawah) for an easy way to see spectacular scenery, sit and watch the rice farmers tending their fields, ducks & cows. Stroll among the rice fields to the river, and all within a 5 minute walk from Angel House.
Angel House is the perfect home base to explore the rest of Bali, 1/2 hr by car to the beach at Sanur, 1hr+ to the airport and close to both Green School & Pelangi School.
- 10 minutes drive to central Ubud, Bali’s artistic centre, paintings, fine arts, Museum, Temples, Balinese dancing performance and shopping.
- White water rafting, cycling, trekking and the famous Ubud Writers Festival.
- Within walking distance to the local market, supermarket, ATM, hospital & temples.
- Many dining options are available within walking distance from the house.
- The village of Mas is the woodcarving centre of Bali with many woodcarving, wooden furniture, glass & antique shops close by .
- Walk to the famous ‘Pura Taman Pule’ temple in Mas.
- 5 minutes drive to the Elephant cave and Pejeng Village ( Moon Temple)
- 10 minutes drive to Celuk Village, Gold and Silver jewelry and beads.
- 10 mins drive to Teganungan waterfalls.
- 15 minutes drive to Batubulan Village, Stone carving and Barong dance.
- 2 hours drive to Karangasem with its Royal Palace.
- 2 hours drive to the Tirtagangga Water Palace.
- 2 hours drive to the spellbinding terraced rice field of Iseh
- 1 hour drive to the towns of Klungkung, the Kerta Gosa Hall of Justice and the Balai Kambang or Floating Hall.
- 2 hours drive to the Mother Temple of Besakih, the holiest temple for the Balinese Hindu, on the slopes of Mount Agung.
- 1.5 hours drive to Kintamani and Mount Batur, a scenic view of the wide crater, Bali’s largest lake. Trunyan, the hot springs and Bali’s oldest villages, the Bali Aga.