How To Pray in Bali.
Have you ever wondered how and what happens when the Balinese or others (properly dressed of course) pray?
Hindu trinity: Brahma the creator, Wisnu the preserver and Siwa the destroyer.
1) Sit quietly, men cross-legged, women kneeling to calm yourself and breathe in harmony in preparation for prayer.
2) Wash your face and hands in the smoke of the incense.
3) Praying with empty hands to connect to your own soul.
4) Hold a flower in your fingertips to pray to the supreme One.
5) Having discarded the single flower now hold different coloured flowers in the finger tips to pray to the three God manifestations- Creator, Preserver and Destroyer. (Brahma, Wisnu and Siva)
6) Holding three or more flowers honouring the manifestations of the One God in All
7) Praying with empty hands beseeching peace in our selves and others
8) Wait quietly for the Priest (Pemangku) to come and sprinkle holy water and maybe ‘blessed’ rice as well.
Thanks to Jim Cramer © http://www.baliadvisor.com BEGINNERS GUIDE TO BALINESE PRAYER, OFFERINGS, TEMPLES AND RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES